Book clubs in New Jersey, Ohio, New Hampshire and elsewhere are reading DELIVER HER!
For book clubs interested in reading DELIVER HER, download a printable copy of DELIVER HER’s Reading Guide.
Invite the Author
Patricia is available to visit with your book group via phone call, Skype or in person (if it’s geographically plausible). Please email her at firstname.lastname@example.org
- DELIVER HER is told through the points of view of its three key characters: Meg Carmody, the mother; Alex Carmody, the teenage daughter; and Carl Alden, the professional transporter. What did you think of this book structure? How did it affect your ability to follow the story?
- How is the title, DELIVER HER, echoed throughout the book? To which characters does it apply, and why? What did it mean to you?
- Did certain parts of the book make you uncomfortable? If so, why did you feel that way? Did this lead to a new understanding or awareness of some aspect of your life you might not have thought about before?
- In many ways, music is a central character in the story. How does music impact key relationships in the book? Is there a song or band connecting you to a particular relationship or life event?
- Compose a playlist for Carl, Alex and Carolyn’s ride.
- What moral/ethical choices did the main characters make? What did you think of those choices? How would you have chosen?
- What did Happy Corner represent in the story? Describe a “Happy Corner” moment from your life.
- Were there any secondary characters you wanted to know more about?
- What did you find most surprising or memorable about the book?
- In a movie version, whom would you cast as Meg, Alex and Carl?
- If there were a sequel to DELIVER HER, whose story would you like to continue?